SYMPOSIUM 2015 KEYNOTE SPEAKER:
Yannis Hamilakis, Professor of Archaeology at Southampton University, will give the keynote address at the Symposium on Friday, October 16, 2015. Professor Hamilakis' interdisciplinary and critical approach to archaeology, material culture, and the political uses of archaeological work as well as his dynamic engagement with today’s events promises an exciting and important talk. In addition, Professor Hamilakis will be available throughout the symposium for further conversation with attendees. The title of his keynote address and a brief abstract will be circulated in due course.
The submission deadlines for Symposium 2015 have passed. Notifications of acceptances and rejections will be sent out over email by March 15, 2015.
Suggested topics were...
The Symposium will be hosted by the MGSA’s Local Arrangements Committee consisting of members of GSU’s Center for Hellenic Studies, Global Studies Institute and the Center for Collaborative & International Arts.
This Committee collaborates with the MGSA’s Program Committee and Executive Board to present a 2½ day program of scholarly presentations and other exciting events. The public is most welcome to attend, but advance registration is advised.
Most of the conference presentations will be housed at the Loudermilk Conference Center, 40 Courtland Street, NE, Atlanta, GA 30303. See Place for details.
The keynote lecture will be held at the Speakers Auditorium. Additional events will be free and open to the public.
The MGSA invites donations for the October 2015 Symposium.
Our current sponsorship opportunities focus on our first priority, our graduate student travel fund.
• February 1 – March 5: Program Committee reviews abstracts
• March 15: Program Committee decisions about individual abstracts and panels emailed to applicants.
• May 1: Deadline for Graduate Students and Recent PhD presenters whose abstracts have been accepted to apply for grant to defray the cost of participation; Program Committee decisions about Special Sessions announced.
• May 15: Grants for Graduate Student and Recent PhD presenters announced
• June 1: Deadline for informing Program Committee of participation or non-participation as presenter in Symposium
The archive of the 2013 Symposium including the program of papers given can be accessed here.